SCAN TO CADon September 1, 2012 at 8:54 am
Do you want to quickly and easily convert your scanned drawings into DWG, DXF, DGN or any other CAD format? Well, this type of CAD conversion is surprisingly affordable, and you can get it done very quickly and efficiently. First, let’s tell you about why we are the leader in Scan to CAD conversion.
Advantages of our Scan to CAD solution:
There are many advantages of our Scan to CAD solution:
- Resolution Independent: A vectorized image has no jaggedness and no loss in detail. You can print it at any resolution.
- Size Independent: You can scale the image up or down without any loss in quality.
- Editable: You can modify the file easily.
- Compact vector files are ideal for archiving and sharing: You can easily store and transmit the vectorized files because the file size is significantly less than a high resolution scanned image.
Now, we offer both manual and automated (auto-vectorization) services.
The key advantages of our manual Scan to CAD process include:
- We normally create a drawing as a new file; the final output is editable and will be in the format of your choice (e.g. DXF, DWG, DGN, etc.).
- Since we create a new file, we can create as many layers as you require. We generate separate layers for dimensions, text, body, hidden lines, and center-lines, etc.
- Text is separate and has its own layer and is recognizable as text
- Dimensions conform to dimensions mentioned on the page, and are in a separate layer.
- High accuracy
- Quick turn around, even on large jobs
- Feature Extraction
- Geo-coding of databases
We have the ideal solution for manually digitizing vector data from image sources. Also, if you are looking for a very low cost solution, we can also use ScanToCAD software to vectorize image files. However, ScanToCAD software cannot match the quality of our manual process.
Just upload your scan and we will get back to you with a quote!